Sunday, January 8, 2012

What Should I Sell on Amazon, and Where do I find It?

I receive this question daily from both readers and clients. There are infinite answers to this question depending on many different factors. I wanted to share a few items that I was successful selling on Amazon this holiday season, just to show how diverse your product line can be. Also keep in mind that I am a real person out there selling, just like you, every day.

K-Y Touch Massage Variety Pack. I found this on clearance at grocery stores last summer. My cost was between $5 and $9. This item sold on Amazon for between $29 and $32. I sold 50 of these between August 1 and December 31:


Here is the info on my last sale, so you can see the selling price:


I was also able to find this item online and bought out the seller. (Not on Amazon, another site.) This product is now discontinued. I was the only seller for most of the 4 months I offered this item for sale. Profit on this item averaged $13. Total profit $13 x 50 = $650. You can click here to see that this item is currently unavailable on Amazon.



Sonic Scrubber Power Cleaning Tool. I found these on clearance at grocery stores, hardware stores, and home improvement stores for between $6 and $13. Selling price was up to $44.95. I sold 45 of them between August 1 and October 31:


Here is the info on my last sale, so you can see the selling price:

My average profit on this item was $24. Total profit was $24 x 45 = $1,080. You can click here to see that this item is currently unavailable on Amazon. This product has been discontinued which explains the exorbitant price buyers paid.

Black and Decker Rechargeable Spotlight. I found these last fall at Tuesday Morning for $14.99. These were in the "boring automotive section," but because the brand is Black and Decker, I took a chance. Selling price was between $42 and $46. I sold 13 of them between September 1 and December 31:


Here is the info on my last sale, so you can see the selling price:


Average profit per item was $24. Total profit $24 x 13 = $312. This product has not been discontinued and you can find it on Amazon here.

So as you can see, selling on Amazon FBA is much more than just selling books or selling items from Big Lots and competing against other sellers for a few dollars profit. My profit on these 3 items alone was $2,042 over a 4 month period - and this is just 3 items! In fact, these 3 products paid my mortgage for 2 months. That is how exciting selling on Amazon can be!

Open your mind, experiment, and take some risks in 2012 - Amazon is waiting for you!

Related Articles:

Suzanne's New Year Coaching Special - $175 for 4 Personalized 1-on-1 Sessions


Amazon Recipe for Success

Online Selling Coach Membership Site

No comments:

Post a Comment