Monday, August 2, 2010

The Guardian of Your Soul is Near


It is August.  I'm exhausted.  Feeling fragile.  I've been having cravings for winter, the dead cold silence of winter. (This is obviously a form of madness).  For alone.  All these things will pass.  When I'm not writing enough, I'm off-kilter.  I'm falling apart. 

Feathers often find me.  I'm attuned to the sound of feathers falling.  Usually they're white.  I knew I had finished my novel, Hive, when I opened the front door and found a white feather.  The novel ends with a white feather. 

But this black one.  It found me, I found it, it arrived, yesterday. I looked up the meaning on Ye Olde Web, and found this:  "a black feather means the guardian of your soul is near."  I looked no further.  The primary character in my work in progress is interested / obsessed not only with purses and handbags, but with the philosophy of the soul.  She needs a guardian for her soul.  This black feather belongs to her. 



No comments:

Post a Comment