Thursday, June 24, 2010

Listen...


Thinking about listening today.  Have you read the essay "The Art of Listening" by Brenda Ueland?  It is an art, listening. "Listening is love," she says.  The backyard today - wild with birdsong.  Then a lawn mower started.  There was noise from the highway we live too close to.  Noise from the construction of the overpass, also nearby.  Fountain trickling.  It's possible to concentrate on the water when one is in the correct frame of mind, and ignore the traffic.  It is.  It's taken me 11 years to come to that particular silence though. 

Well, listening.  Have you seen the defunct listenbird blog?  I guess graffiti has been outlawed in this town so well, there's no longer listenbird graffiti. 

I hope this kind of listening really goes on.  Sceptical.



I took some time to breathe in my favorite book this very morning.  To absorb the sadness of flowers.  Oh, I have more to say about the sadness of flowers.  But that will have to wait. 

Will you take a look at the page I made on ImageKind?  If you like some of the photos I've been taking lately, you can have them turned into greeting cards and the like.......Here's the link, and also one on the side bar:  ImageKind.

No comments:

Post a Comment